Accessibility and clarity
Contact infoLabour and Income, Social Statistics
+45 3917 3594
Get as PDF
These statistics are published yearly in a Danish press release, at the same time as the tables are updated in the StatBank. In the StatBank, these statistics can be found under Family distributed assets and liabilities. For further information, go to the subject page.
The publication date appears in the release calendar. The date is confirmed in the weeks before.
Release calendar access
The Release Calender can be accessed on our English website: Release Calender.
Statistics are always published at 8:00 a.m. at the day announced in the release calendar. No one outside of Statistics Denmark can access the statistics before they are published.
These statistics are published yearly in a Danish press release.
Publications are only available in Danish.
The statistics are published in the StatBank under the subject Family distributed assets and liabilities in the following tables:
Wealth statistics regarding Pensions can be found in the following tables:
- TJEN01: Accrued civil servant pension for active civil servants by sector, unit, sex, profession, ages groups and time
- TJEN02: Accrued civil servant pension for retired civil servant by sector, unit, sex and time
- PENFOR11: Value of pension schemes by kind of pension, taxation, age, sex and unit
- PENFOR12: Value of pension schemes by family type, age, sex, price unit and value of pension schemes
- PENFOR20: Value of pension schemes by kind of pension, company type, age, population, taxation and unit
- FORMUE11: Formue efter formuetype, enhed, alder, køn og population
- FORMUE12: Formue efter formuetype, enhed, område, alder og population
- FORMUE13: Formue efter formuetype, enhed, socioøkonomisk status og population
- FORMUE14: Formue efter formuetype, enhed, alder, herkomst og population
- FORMUE15: Formue efter formue, definition, prisenhed og alder
- FORMUE16:Formue efter percentil, prisenhed og alder
- FORMUE17:Formue efter formuetype, enhed, alder, familietype og population
Researchers and other analysts from authorized Danish research institutions, can be granted access to the underlying micro-data by contacting Research Services. The micro-data is anonymized.
It's possible to order custom made tables by paying for the working hours needed to create them. Read about the terms and conditions on the website. The statistics have also been used for analyses (Danish only). - Household real-estate wealth - Parents purchasing homes for their children - Inequality in real estate ownership - Debt levels in Danish households?
It is possible to order custom-made tables based on the anonymized data by paying for the working hours needed to create them. Read more about it in the terms and conditions on the website, or contact DST Consulting.
Confidentiality - policy
Data Confidentiality Policy for Statistics Denmark is applied.
Confidentiality - data treatment
Top- and bottom coding has been implemented. Wealth above the threshold of 1.000 the interquartile distance has been capped at that level. 2014: DKK 1.275 mio. 2015: DKK 1,338 mio. 2016: DKK 1,401 mio. 2017: DKK 1,472 mio. 2018: DKK 1,500 mio. 2019: DKK 1,612 mio. 2020: DKK 1,738 mio. 2021: DKK 1,909 mio. For persons with wealth exceeding the cap the wealth components have been lowered proportionally, so that the net wealth overall remains at the cap. The isolated effect is that estimates for average wealth and inequality are lower that they would otherwise be. For instance the share of wealth in the top 1 pct. is reduced from 29.6 pct to 27,9 pct. as a result of the discretionary measures.
Christiansø is counted together with Bornholm.
Documentation on methodology
Read about the wealth components in the variable documentation (Danish only)
Results from the quality evaluation of products and selected processes are available in detail for each statistics and in summary reports for the Working Group on Quality.