Accessibility and clarity
Contact infoNational Accounts, Economic Statistics
+45 3917 3496
Get as PDF
These statistics are published annually in a Danish press release, at the same time as the tables are updated in the StatBank. In the StatBank, these statistics can be found under the subject Energy and air emissions. For further information, go to the subject page for Environmental-Economic Accounting.
The climate footprint is published in DST Analysis: Dansk forbrug sætter i høj grad sit klimaaftryk i udlandet (only in Danish). In Statbank Denmark, the figures are published under the topic Energy and air emissions.
The publication date appears in the release calendar. The date is confirmed in the weeks before.
Release calendar access
The Release Calender can be accessed on our English website: Release Calender.
Statistics are always published at 8:00 a.m. at the day announced in the release calendar. No one outside of Statistics Denmark can access the statistics before they are published.
These statistics are published annually in a Danish press release.
The statistics are published in the StatBank under the subject Energy and air emissions in the following tables:
- MRU1: Air Emission Accounts by industry, type of emission and time
- MRO1: Bridge table by bridging items, type of emission and time
- DRIVHUS: Greenhouse Gas Accounts (in CO2 equivalents) by type of emission, industry and time
- MRO2: Bridge table (in CO2 equivalents) by bridging items, type of emission and time
- DRIVHUS2: Greenhouse Gas Accounts (in CO2 equivalents) by type of emission, industry, time and calculation principle
- AFTRYK: Climate footprint of Danish Consumption (Experimental statistics) by types of use (Causes of emissions), industries (Origin of emissions) and countries/economies (Origin of emissions)
Accounts are published at the most detailed level.
The climate footprint is published at the most detailed level for the countries and industries, but there is a possibility of further fragmentation of the final consumption categories.
Confidentiality - policy
Data Confidentiality Policy at Statistics Denmark.
Confidentiality - data treatment
Not relevant for these statistics.
Documentation on methodology
- Statistics Denmark (2013). "Grønne nationalregnskaber. Metoder og muligheder" (publication in the Danish language).
- European Commission. Eurostat (2013) Compilation Guide (2013) for Eurostat's Air Emissions Accounts (AEA). Version: April 2013.
- Monetary Fund, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, United Nations, World Bank (2012). System of Environmental-Economic Accounting, Central Framework. White cover publication. New York.
- Statistics Denmark (2007). "Nationalregnskab Kilder og metoder 2003"(publication in the Danish language).
- Statistics Denmark Note with methodology description of the climate footprint (in Danish)
Results from the quality evaluation of products and selected processes are available in detail for each statistics and in summary reports for the Working Group on Quality.