Accessibility and clarity
Contact infoDivision of Short Term Statistics, Department of Business Statistics
+45 39 17 35 51
Get as PDF
The statistics are published yearly in Nyt fra Danmarks Statistik (Statistical news) , and all data is available in the online database of Statistics Denmark, https://www.Statbank.dk.
Selected series are publish in Statistical Ten-Year Review.
The publication date appears in the release calendar. The date is confirmed in the weeks before.
Release calendar access
The Release Calender can be accessed on our English website: Release Calender.
Statistics are always published at 8:00 a.m. at the day announced in the release calendar. No one outside of Statistics Denmark can access the statistics before they are published.
The statistics are published in New from Statistics Denmark (Nyt fra Danmarks Statistik) (in Danish only).
Goods and passenger transport by rail together with other transport statistics are included in tables in Statistical Yearbook and Statistisk Tiårsoversigt (Statistical 10-year review) (In Danish only).
These statistics are published in the StatBank in the following tables:
- BANE21: Rail transport of passengers by unit and type of transport
- BANE22: International rail transport of passengers to and from Denmark by country
- BANE25: Rail transport of passengers by unit and type of transport
Transport of goods by train
- BANE1: Rail transport of goods by unit, type of transport and railway system
- BANE201: Rail transport of goods by unit, type of transport and type of goods
- BANE3: International rail transport of goods by direction, unit, country and time
- BANE401: National rail transport of goods by unit, region of loading and region of unloading
- BANE5: Rail transport of dangerous goods by type of transport, type of goods and unit
- BANE6: Railway transport of intermodal transport units by type of transport, unit of cargo and unit
- BANE9A: Rail transport of goods by unit and type of transport
- BANE41: Railway network 1st January by railway system and unit
- BANE42: Investments in railway network by type of investment and unit
- BANE31: Rail traffic by type of transport
- BANE32: Train traffic on a work day by section of the line and unit
- BANE51: Railways' rolling stock 1st January by type of rolling stock
- BANE52: Seats and load capacity in railway vehicles 1st January by type of railway vehicle and unit
- BANE53: Investments in railways' rolling stock by type of investment and unit
Traffic accidents involving trains
- BANE91: Fatalities and injuries in railway traffic accidents by railway system, category of person and casualty
- BANE92: Fatalities and injuries in railway traffic accidents by railway system, type of accident and casualty
Researchers and other analytics from authorized research institutes, may apply for access to the statistics micro-data with Danish Statistics' research program Data for research. Only Danish research environments are granted authorization. Foreign researchers can, however, get access to micro-data through an affiliation to a Danish authorized environment. . A similar research program is available for Danish state departments, agencies and directorates.
Data on passenger and goods transport are provided to and published in Eurostat's database.
Confidentiality - policy
Due to the low number of operators and the structure of the sector as well as the public interest in the data, no active confidentiality is applied to the statistics. In particular within the transport of passengers, data identifiable on the main operators are published.
If the general rules of confidentiality of Statistics Denmark were applied, the low number of operators would result in no figures could be published.
Confidentiality - data treatment
The statistics follows the general policy for Data confidentiality by Statistics Denmark
Documentation on methodology
Results from the quality evaluation of products and selected processes are available in detail for each statistics and in summary reports for the Working Group on Quality.