Accessibility and clarity
Contact infoResearch, Technology and Culture, Business Statistics
Pétur Sólnes Jónsson
+45 39 17 30 56
Get as PDF
The statistics are published yearly in Nyt fra Danmarks Statistik (News from Statistics Denmark), Culture and National Church and http://www.statbank.dk.
The publication date appears in the release calendar. The date is confirmed in the weeks before.
Release calendar access
The Release Calender can be accessed on our English website: Release Calender.
Statistics are always published at 8:00 a.m. at the day announced in the release calendar. No one outside of Statistics Denmark can access the statistics before they are published.
News release (only in Danish).
Figures about films is published in Statistical Yearbook.
The statistics are published in the StatBank under the subject Cinemas and films in the following tables:
- BIO1: Danish cinemas, cinema screens and seating capacity by cinemas/sale/seats, size of cinema and time
- BIO2: Activity in Danish cinemas by cinemas/tickets, nationality and time
- BIO4: Movies, tickets, and sale by cinemas/tickets, type/target group, the film first performance in Denmark, nationality and time
- BIO5: Cinema movies by cinemas/tickets, film category, type/target group, censorship, nationality and time
- BIO6: Cinema novies by key figures, showing week, nationality and type
- BIO9: Cinemas key figures by region and size of cinema
There is no access to micro-data.
- Link to search facility on the number of sold movie tickets per. movie. Only in Danish.
Confidentiality - policy
Figures for admission takings is only published on an aggregated level.
Confidentiality - data treatment
No information about the total number of paid admissions for each cinema is published.
Documentation on methodology
The statistics are documented by this declaration.
Results from the quality evaluation of products and selected processes are available in detail for each statistics and in summary reports for the Working Group on Quality.